The Ultimate Guide To Blockchain Developer Communities
At WatchData, we have been watching the cryptocurrency market for a long time. We have prepared a few useful resources that will help you take your first steps in blockchain application development. You can learn more about our API on our site: https://www.watchdata.io/
Blockchain developers are a rare and highly demanded profession in a rapidly growing decentralized services market. However, the fact that the community of these developers is rather tight-knit, it is oftentimes difficult for newcomers, and even potential employers, to find the people they need for their own purposes. This is why such communities have banded together on various platforms and formed a manner of private societies that may be hard to reach or even find.
However, it is often important for some developers to ask their colleagues about some topic of interest regarding a specific issue or tip, or to get useful contacts for a joint project during the course of their work. In this article, we will review the many great communities that have emerged for developers and allow our readers to choose the one that suits them best.
The Major Habitats
Online space is highly-segregated into various venues that attract large chunks of communities. These resources host online users and usher them into dedicated forums and discussion platforms. The biggest of them are already playing host to blockchain communities, and here are the major ones.
- Reddit is a power to be reckoned with on the internet, numbering a staggering 430 million users worldwide and an innumerable variety of communities that are considered to be some of the most active in online space.
- Telegram is just as attractive as a venue for communities, considering that the messenger boasts a user base of over 540 million and offers advanced functionality for channel launching. As such, Telegram is the favorite means of communication for blockchain and cryptocurrency fans, many of whom admire the messenger for its discretion and privacy settings in terms of cryptography. Telegram is host to both English and Russian communities of blockchain developers, as both are considered to be some of the strongest in terms of development of blockchain and related technologies.
- Discord closes the lineup of platforms with its 350 million user base. Given the fact that the platform offers a good variety of topics and functionality for channel launching and maintenance, it has attracted the attention of blockchain developers and is acting as a venue for various communities.
Blockchain communities are not a potpourri that contain all the types of developers out there on the market. On the contrary, each community is specific and specializes either on a select programming language, a network, or even a host of programming solutions. As such, the developer communities have evolved based on their specializations, as described here.
Community resources are a vast space, where developers of all kinds meet and discuss various blockchain-related topics. There are numerous communities, each with its own platform, specialization and means of communication. The following are some of the biggest decentralized community resources in online space.
- Blockchain is a dev community with over 744,742 amazing developers, who constantly share updates on technology development and discuss various other related topics. In fact, BLOCKCHAIN is also a place where developers find potential employers and fast-track their careers.
- CryptoDevHub is another community, where developers from the crypto and blockchain worlds come together to discuss various topics of interest and the development of the market as a whole. A great place for those seeking insights into cryptocurrency topics and the underlying coding and programming specifications. The members of the community are extremely supportive and never shy away from giving rather wholesome explanations on questions posed.
- Codementor is a specialized community of coders, where various tutorials and other guides on blockchain development and coding can be found in open access. The platform is completely free of charge and offers a wide variety of helpful tips for those looking for answers related to blockchain programming languages, smart contract tuning, and much more.
- Ethereum Development and DApps, with its 87.7 thousand member community in Reddit, is an Ethereum-related dev talk platform, where contracts, DApps, wallets, clients, infrastructure services, tooling, UIs, patterns, and other kinds of topics are discussed and improved in a relaxed atmosphere. Considering the fact that Ethereum is the largest blockchain network on the market, the wealth of knowledge and information on this resource is staggering, making it the go-to place for all Ethereum coders and admirers.
- Crypto Devs is another community in Reddit with 10.5 thousand members that is considered to be the official source for crypto-related discussions on technical issues and updates on developments in the space. The community is more dynamic than many others, since it involves a great amount of news streams and information that can be considered insight into the world of blockchain.
There are two English language communities known as Blockchain Developers, one with 1.9 thousand members, and the other with 1.05 thousand members. Both are focused on communication about blockchain development and the Solidity programming language. One should note that smaller communities are often a treasure-trove of talent and insight that may become diluted in larger communities.
- Solidity Learning — an 1.5 thousand member strong English language community of lovers and developers of the Solidity programming language. The resource provides a wealth of information and tips on using this key language that makes up the base of a good half of all blockchain applications.
- CryptoDev by 0Y — 1.7 thousand Russian-speaking members strong. This community is all about the exchange of information between developers of various projects and included crypto fans. The development branch of the forum is rather well-developed, but the biggest value of it resides in the fact that it attracts numerous fans of cryptocurrencies, adding a touch of relevance to the real world of finances and applications. The goal of the community is to create a Russian-speaking space, where developers can exchange information, formulate new ideas, find new challenges and, most importantly — capital.
- Cyber Academy comes up next with 1.8 thousand Russian-speaking members and focuses on development of blockchain technologies and related solutions.
- Crypto Devs is a considerable community in Discord with 5.3 thousand members, considered to be the go-to place for all lovers of the platform and adherents of blockchain technologies. The community is vast and touches on virtually all topics related to blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
- Buildspace is another major community of developers with over 8,000 members who communicate about the various aspects of development. The server is quite popular with blockchain specialists and programmers.
- Go Ethereum comes up next with 1.4 thousand members as a major place for discussions revolving around all things Ethereum-related. The community is largely focused on discussions about underlying programming languages, updates, and even a touch of philosophy regarding decentralization.
- CryptoDevHub exists on Discord as well with 1.1 thousand members and offers all willing to join in a host of various topics separated by category. The community is quite vibrant and international, meaning that anyone can find answers to their questions.
- OpenEthereum with 0.3 thousand members is another Ethereum-dedicated space, where developers of all creeds and nations discuss the solutions and issues of the biggest blockchain network.
- Token Engineering is considered to be the place for discussions on token development processes and tips. Here, members communicate about the various designs and methods for deploying tokens of different standards.
All information about community sizes is current at the time of publication. If you’d like us to add your community to the list, email us at email@example.com.
The abundance of online communities for blockchain developers provides ample opportunities for anyone seeking information on related topics, help with development, or even investments or employment. The list provided in this material is not exhaustive, but it is sufficient for anyone willing to find communication with like-minded users.
When you’re building your Dapp, you have to have the most up-to-date data from all the networks you’re interested in. WatchData has got you covered with our API for blockchain nodes.
We’ve collected info about all the major networks, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tron, and other blockchains that we will be adding in the near future. You can get Raw data and use Powered API from these blockchains in real time.
Our API is free to use and easy to set up — just sign up to get your first API key, or log in if you’ve already registered. We update our network data at least once every day, so you know your users are getting the freshest data possible!